University Award for Inclusive Excellence
Established in 2017 and awarded annually, Iowa State University's first-ever university-level inclusion award recognizes employees who have advanced the university’s mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion in ways that significantly impact the environment at Iowa State .
Selection is based on documentation of:
- Efforts that have significantly impacted diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at Iowa State University.
- Exemplary performance and positive impact aligned with the university’s strategic plan, non-discrimination statement, and DEI goals/statements.
- Depth and breadth of impact on the organization.
- Collaboration with DEI-centered offices, DEI-focused committees, or individuals in the DEI ecosystem at Iowa State.
- Indication of nominee’s continuing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Iowa State.
Complete information for nominators and their nominees can be found at the University Award website.
2021 - Elaine Phompheng and Valentina Salotti
2020 - Monic Behnken and Harrison Inefuku
2019 - Angela Shaw and Barbara Woods
2018 - Joel Hochstein and Daniel Spikes
2017 - Tera Jordan and Audrey Kennis